There are many causes of hair loss in African patients and patients.
TrichoPigmentation Paris will be caused by perennial trim and brushing ( traction phalacrosis ), or generally of a cicatricial nature , or by the employment of hair straightening merchandise (more than simple fraction of African women). It may be secretion ( virgin birth phalacrosis ) and occur in each men and girls.
Why is that this a special case?
Frizzy hair will become a technical challenge once the transplant is being thought-about thanks to the colour of the roots. The procedure in African patients should take into consideration 2 aspects:
- Afro hair wraps below the skin, increasing the danger of transection (damage) once grafts ar removed exploitation micro-punch ( see FUE technique ).
- Black skins are a lot of liable to hypertrophic scars or keloids (swollen and bulky): this can be avoided by accurately choosing every space of the scalp to control.
- Which technique to favor?
- The Afro hair transplant is performed exploitation an equivalent techniques as for different patients, notwithstanding the characteristics are completely different. The curvature of the nappy roots of the hair makes it tough to use the FUE technique with the danger of transection . The technique Ful (FUT while not shaving) are most popular in cases wherever the extraction of the hair presents a high risk of transection. The preparation of grafts below a magnifier avoids abundant the danger of transection. These ways, supported the implantation of grafts of one to three hairs, recreate the natural emergence of one to three hairs through every oil gland porta. The angle of implantation of the hairin patients of African descent is a lot of vertical than in Caucasian or Asian subjects.
- The sawbones follows the initial obliquity of the hair in order that it grows in a very natural means. The hair, collected in a very region spared by the alopecific development (crown in men or mid-occipital region in women) retain their capability for growth when implantation throughout the lifetime of the patient. The nappy or wavy hair of African patients encompasses a larger covering capability than straight hair. this permits the sawbones to perform transplants exploitation less hair however keeping a awfully sensible coverage of bald areas. because of the dark color of the skin, the redness that seems when capillary implantation is way less apparent and disappears quicker than in patients with truthful skin.